Managing Senior Ecologist
Education and Certifications
- Duke University, M.E.M., Environmental Management
- Grinnell College, B.A., Biology and Environmental Studies
- Remote Pilot License, U.S. Department of Transportation, #3957686
- Marine and Freshwater Aquatic Ecology
- GIS/Environmental Data Analysis/Remote Sensing
- Endangered Species Act
Phil Bloch has worked as an ecologist since 2000, focused on marine nearshore ecology, GIS/spatial planning, habitat mitigation/restoration, and habitat assessment. Phil applies his ecological expertise to develop study plans to statistically test ecological hypotheses. He has developed and implemented statistical study designs for both experimental treatment testing and analysis of observational data. Phil has contributed to state-wide conservation programs, habitat conservation plan development, biological assessments, environmental impact statements, and field studies. He has worked on environmental compliance strategy for large, complex projects in the Puget Sound region. As part of these projects, Phil also played a valuable role communicating complex and technical information through outreach efforts to the public and agencies.
View Phil’s resume here.
“Philip has demonstrated his ability to translate scientific findings clearly and meaningfully so that managers and citizens can use the information to make important decisions.”
– Joe Gaydos, Wildlife Veterinarian and Regional Director The SeaDoc Society