Education and Certifications
- B.S., Oceanography, University of Washington
- Certificate, Wetland Science and Management, University of Washington
- Professional Wetland Scientist, #3369
- Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead, #81606
- Wetland/Freshwater Ecology
- Endangered Species Act Compliance
- State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)
- Environmental Planning and Permitting
- Environmental Construction Compliance
Irene has worked in the environmental field since 1999, specializing in wetland and stream ecology, environmental regulatory compliance, and permitting. Irene analyzes potential impacts to natural resources from proposed projects to determine effects on fish and wildlife habitat, then employs her extensive knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations to prepare appropriate documentation to move projects forward. Irene is a solution-oriented project manager who is well-respected by regulators and agency staff for her ability to effectively communicate and negotiate regulatory requirements. Formerly a Snohomish County Senior Planner, Irene brings a unique perspective to development proposals, having reviewed and authorized projects in a regulatory capacity and facilitated them through the regulatory process as a project proponent.
View Irene’s resume here.
“Knowing Irene from when she worked at Snohomish County, she now brings the same expertise to our project with Confluence—in-depth knowledge of wetlands science; attention to detail, accuracy, and interpretation; and a consummate professionalism that always addresses the client’s goals for a project with integrity and adherence to schedule and budget.”Julie Highton, Snohomish County Environmental Services Senior Planner