Education and Certifications
- B.S., Conservation Biology, University of Wisconsin
- Certificate, Wetland Science and Management, University of Washington
- Professional Wetland Scientist, #2784, Society of Wetland Scientists
- Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead, #81609
- Wetland and Stream Ecology
- Endangered Species Act Consultation
- Mitigation and Restoration
Chris’s natural science expertise has been applied to a wide variety of projects including transportation, residential, commercial, forestry, river engineering, and habitat restoration. He has a keen understanding of how to analyze impacts on the landscape from various land uses and construction methods, and how to develop appropriate mitigation measures. Chris’s diverse experience has allowed him to refine his skills in communicating with a broad audience in both verbal and written forms. He possesses a superb ability to communicate technical information to lay audiences, technical experts, stakeholder groups, and regulatory authorities alike.
View Chris’s resume here.
“Chris’s knowledge of wetland functions and his attention to detail played a key role in the successful permitting of our project.”
– Mike Sallis, WSDOT