Education and Certifications
- B.S., Wildlife Biology, University of Washington
- B.A., Political Science, University of Washington
- Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (CESCL)
- Pierce County Certified Wetland Scientist and Wildlife Biologist
- 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- Endangered Species Act Section 7 and Section 10
- National Environmental Policy Act/State Environmental Policy Act (NEPA/SEPA)
- Environmental Compliance and Permitting
- Wetland and Stream Studies
- Ecological Assessment
Calvin Kelly Douglas has worked since 1997 as a natural resource scientist and permit specialist, including extensive work in construction management and environmental monitoring and compliance. Calvin has a thorough understanding of local, state, and federal government regulations; permitting; and regulatory compliance issues. He applies his strong biology skills to create scientifically sound SEPA and NEPA documentation on a variety of project types. Calvin has worked in all phases of project planning and permitting, field implementation, and construction inspection and management. He has performed numerous wetland, stream, and wildlife surveys in urban, rural, and undeveloped parts of the greater Puget Sound region, and prepared associated reports and permits documenting existing conditions, identifying project impacts, and developing mitigation options to offset those impacts. His field experience includes work in Oregon, California, Idaho, Wyoming, Alaska, New York, Missouri, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
View Calvin’s resume here.