Confluence is a 20-person firm providing services in environmental science, planning, and regulatory strategy and compliance. Confluence prioritizes three core values: client service, staff support and satisfaction, and consistent delivery of quality work. Employee growth and development is a key factor of our success. We believe empowering employees to pursue their passions benefits both the employee and the company. We are hiring for the following positions:
We are hiring a Proposal Coordinator who will conduct market research, monitor and help implement business development plans, and manage proposal submittals. This person will be a self-starter who enjoys working in a creative, collaborative, deadline-driven environment. With this individual’s demonstrated success meeting or exceeding the starting responsibilities, this position offers room for growth. Number of hours can be negotiated, with preference between 32 and 40/week.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in marketing coordination.
- Experience in environmental consulting industry or related field (e.g., architecture, engineering, construction).
- Very strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail; ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while producing high-quality, accurate work.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. InDesign and/or WordPress experience a plus.
- Enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal skills who enjoys interacting with colleagues, clients, and business partners.
- Ability to work equally well both independently and collaboratively.
- Self-directed individual who is comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment.
- Manages own work plan, prioritizing tasks to meet company objectives.
- Organizes and coordinates project tasks well, with a minimum of supervision, to ensure timely and quality completion.
- Provides reliable responsiveness to internal and external client needs.
- Identifies proposal opportunities, and leads efforts to pursue them.
- Completes document format and production tasks on time and with minimal errors; documents produced are consistent in style and format, according to Confluence’s Style Guide.
- Communicates anticipated or incurred problems (such as delays, resource conflicts, insufficient communication, etc.) with proposed solutions to Marketing Manager in a timely manner.
- Represents Confluence to clients, teaming partners, and industry-related organizations in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
Please send resume and cover letter describing your experience to [email protected]. No phone calls please. Target start date will be by September 1. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, but preference will be given to those received by July 30.
NOTE: All employees are currently working remotely due to COVID-19; we may return to our Fremont office in the coming months. While working remotely, all tools needed to do the job (e.g., laptop) will be provided. Confluence is following all local, state, and federal guidelines on COVID-19 safety measures.
Confluence is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.