Confluence is a 20-person firm providing services in environmental science, planning, and regulatory strategy and compliance. Confluence prioritizes three core values: client service, staff support and satisfaction, and consistent delivery of quality work. Employee growth and development is a key factor of our success. We believe empowering employees to pursue their passions benefits both the employee and the company. We are hiring for the following positions:
We are hiring a Marketing Coordinator who will conduct market research, monitor and help implement business development plans, and manage proposal submittals. This person will be a self-starter who enjoys working in a creative, collaborative, deadline-driven environment. With this individual’s demonstrated success meeting or exceeding the starting responsibilities, this position offers room for growth.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in marketing coordination.
- Experience in environmental consulting industry or related field (e.g., architecture, engineering, construction).
- Very strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail; ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while producing high-quality, accurate work.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. InDesign and/or WordPress experience a plus.
- Enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal skills who enjoys interacting with colleagues, clients, and business partners.
- Ability to work equally well both independently and collaboratively.
- Self-directed individual who is comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment.
- Manages own work plan, prioritizing tasks to meet company objectives.
- Organizes and coordinates project tasks well, with a minimum of supervision, to ensure timely and quality completion.
- Provides reliable responsiveness to internal and external client needs.
- Identifies proposal opportunities, and leads efforts to pursue them.
- Completes document format and production tasks on time and with minimal errors; documents produced are consistent in style and format, according to Confluence’s Style Guide.
- Communicates anticipated or incurred problems (such as delays, resource conflicts, insufficient communication, etc.) with proposed solutions to Marketing Manager in a timely manner.
- Represents Confluence to clients, teaming partners, and industry-related organizations in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
Please send resume and cover letter describing your experience to [email protected]. No phone calls please. Target start date will be in June or July. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, but preference will be given to those received by May 28.
Confluence is looking for a full-time, mid-level Biologist/Ecologist who enjoys working collaboratively on a variety of natural resource projects. Responsibilities will include project management and key support to other project managers by planning, implementing, and managing tasks. Assignments will include leading fieldwork efforts such as wetland delineations, technical report writing, permitting, interacting with clients and regulatory agency staff, as well as supporting preparation of project proposals with technical input and narrative.
Required qualifications include:
- Wetland science and management skills, experience leading and conducting delineations, ratings, and functional assessments.
- Demonstrated experience in environmental project delivery, permitting, and regulatory compliance (e.g., Clean Water Act, Critical Areas, Shoreline Management Act, Hydraulic Code, Endangered Species Act).
- Bachelor’s degree in ecology, biology, or related field; more than 6 years of environmental consulting (agency experience may be included); (position can flex with additional experience).
- The ability to work independently in developing and implementing work plans that incorporate and address client, legal, and agency needs.
- Proficiency with the analysis of environmental impacts and ecosystem functions/processes.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- ArcGIS skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
Preferred qualifications include:
- UW Wetland Certification
- Master’s degree in ecology, biology, or related field.
- Demonstrated awareness of the intersection of evolving policy with regulatory requirements for projects in the Pacific Northwest.
- Experience with mitigation planning/design, frameworks for quantifying ecological currency (e.g., HEA, Debit-Credit, NMFS Conservation Calculator).
- Experience with NEPA/SEPA, mitigation monitoring, construction monitoring.
- Experience with multi-disciplinary teams delivering complex projects.
- Puget Sound and Pacific Northwest experience.
Please send resume and cover letter describing your experience to [email protected]. No phone calls please. Target start date will be in June or July. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, but preference will be given to those received by May 21.
NOTE: All employees are currently working remotely due to COVID-19; we may return to our Fremont office in the coming months. While working remotely, all tools needed to do the job (e.g., laptop) will be provided. Confluence is following all local, state, and federal guidelines on COVID-19 safety measures.
Confluence is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.