Are you looking for a company that appreciates you, empowers employees to pursue their passions, and offers great benefits? Would you like to be part of a team that facilitates building projects that improve both the natural and built environment? Do you enjoy variety in your work, with ability to work both independently and collaboratively? Confluence Environmental Company is a 20-person firm providing services in environmental science, planning, and regulatory strategy and compliance. Confluence prioritizes three core values: client service, staff support and satisfaction, and consistent delivery of quality work.
We are hiring an Office Manager who will perform human resources and administrative activities and assist with accounting tasks. This person will be a self-starter who enjoys working in a creative, collaborative, deadline-driven environment. Number of hours can be negotiated, with preference between 20 and 40/week. With this individual’s demonstrated success meeting or exceeding job duties, this position offers room for growth.
Required qualifications include:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in administrative support role.
- Experience in customer service.
- Very strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while producing high-quality, accurate work.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal skills who enjoys interacting with colleagues.
- Ability to work equally well both independently and collaboratively.
- Manages own work plan, prioritizing tasks to meet company objectives.
- Works within established work parameters with a minimum of supervision.
- Provides reliable responsiveness to Confluence staff and external vendors.
- Communicates anticipated or incurred problems (such as delays, resource conflicts, insufficient communication, etc.) with proposed solutions to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with Confluence owner–management team and staff to maintain smooth operations.
To be considered, please send resume and cover letter describing your experience to [email protected]. No phone calls please. Target start date will be in November. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, but preference will be given to those received by October 15.
NOTE: All employees are currently working remotely due to COVID-19; we may return to our Fremont office in the coming months. While working remotely, all tools needed to do the job (e.g., laptop) will be provided. Confluence is following all local, state, and federal guidelines on COVID-19 safety measures.
Confluence is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.