Senior Biologist/Regulatory Specialist
- B.S., Environmental Science/Ecology/ Fish Biology, The Evergreen State College
- Fish Biology and Habitat
- Endangered Species Act
- Environmental Planning and Permitting
- Project & Program Management
Chris has worked since 1995 as a fish biologist and regulatory specialist, conducting and managing infrastructure and restoration projects in freshwater, marine, and estuarine environments. Chris is a NEPA/SEPA and ESA expert, and specializes in ecological assessment and habitat restoration for aquatic restoration projects as well as infrastructure projects.
The type of work Chris performs includes:
- Preparing technical environmental documents – such as NEPA/SEPA Environmental Impact Statement discipline reports and ESA Biological Assessments – for federally funded projects for local, state, and federal agencies
- Fisheries projects such as aquatic habitat assessments, fish passage improvements, and fish exclusion for instream construction.
- Fieldwork such as habitat assessment and fish surveys, as well as environmental construction compliance monitoring.
- Development of restoration and mitigation designs for aquatic habitats.
- Permitting projects for various clients, including city and county governments, state and federal agencies, conservation districts, and private clients.
“I want to give Chris Soncarty special recognition for his lead on pulling this programmatic BE together. He has been truly wonderful to work with, always upbeat, responsive, hard working, and professional. I know pulling this together took way more time than we thought. We who will be using this document for years to come owe a debt of gratitude.”
– Deb Petersen, Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission