Project Biologist I
- B.A., Environmental Studies and Business Administration (Finance), University of Washington
- Marine Biology
- Aquatic Habitat Assessment
- Fish and Habitat Surveys
- GIS Mapping and Analysis
Alyson is a biologist and planner who works on both freshwater and marine projects performing activities such as wetland delineations, nearshore surveys, research and synthesis, and report preparation. She conducts a variety of fish and habitat surveys (e.g., forage fish spawning, kelp, and eelgrass surveys), as well as water quality monitoring. With her knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental policies and regulations, Alyson prepares permit applications as well as environmental and planning documentation. She also assists with outreach efforts and education for local governments and nonprofit organizations.
Examples of Alyson’s project activities include the following:
- Providing support for shoreline restoration projects, including gathering stakeholder input, conducting research for shoreline assessments, and developing funding strategies for restoration grants.
- Assisting with public meetings, including developing advertisements, presentation materials, and meeting content, as well as compiling public comments to inform project design.
- Preparing local, state, and federal permit applications for aquaculture operations and public utility clients.
- Creating databases and libraries using SharePoint to organize archived information on permitting records.